Effective Practice and Organisation of Care (EPOC). EPOC Resources for review authors. Oslo: Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services; 2013. Available at: http://epocoslo.cochrane.org/epoc-specific-resources-review-authors
- Title registration form
1a Minimum requirements for registration of a title with EPOC
- Identifying Cochrane and non-Cochrane reviews relevant to your review topic'
- When should EPOC reviews only include studies from low- and middle-income countries?
- How narrow or broad should EPOC reviews be?
- What study designs should be included in an EPOC review and what should they be called?
- What outcomes should be reported in EPOC reviews?
Protocols and reviews
- Cochrane protocol headings
- Reporting search methods
- Which studies should be included in the Characteristics of excluded studies table?
- Search support for review authors provided by the Norwegian EPOC satellite
- Taking account of adverse effects in EPOC reviews
- Incorporating economic evidence in EPOC reviews
- Data extraction and management
13a Good practice data extraction form
- Suggested risk of bias criteria for EPOC reviews
- How to prepare a risk of bias table for reviews that include more than one study design
- Summary assessments of the risk of bias
- What are explanatory factors and why should they be included in protocols?
- Conducting and reporting subgroup analyses (See What are explanatory factors)
- Equity considerations in EPOC reviews
- Analysis in EPOC reviews
- Synthesising results when it does not make sense to do a meta-analysis
- Interrupted time series (ITS) analyses
21a SPSS time series analysis
- Results should not be reported as statistically significant or statistically non-significant
- Worksheets for preparing Summary of Findings tables using GRADE
- Implications for practice
- Implications for research
- Reporting empty reviews and results from excluded studies
- Protocol checklist for review authors
- Review checklist for review authors