Thanks to all the authors, editors, managing editors, information specialists, and everyone else involved in all our 2022 reviews.
Find all our published reviews in the Cochrane Library.
Collective leadership to improve professional practice, healthcare outcomes and staff well‐being
Jaqueline Alcantara Marcelino Silva, Vivian Aline Mininel, Heloise Fernandes Agreli, Marina Peduzzi, Reema Harrison, Andreas Xyrichis
Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment for community‐dwelling, high‐risk, frail, older people
Robert Briggs, Anna McDonough, Graham Ellis, Kathleen Bennett, Desmond O'Neill, David Robinson https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD012705.pub2/full
Cochrane Clinical Answer:
What are the benefits and harms of comprehensive geriatric assessment for community‐dwelling older people at risk of poor health outcomes?
Interventions to increase COVID‐19 vaccine uptake: a scoping review
Marike Andreas, Claire Iannizzi, Emma Bohndorf, Ina Monsef, Vanessa Piechotta, Joerg J Meerpohl, Nicole Skoetz https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD015270/full
Cochrane Clinical Answer:
What evidence is available on interventions to increase COVID‐19 vaccine uptake or decrease COVID‐19 vaccine hesitancy?
Sera Tort, Agustín Ciapponi
Pharmaceutical policies: effects of regulating drug insurance schemes
Tomas Pantoja, Blanca Peñaloza, Camilo Cid, Cristian A Herrera, Craig R Ramsay, Jemma Hudson https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD011703.pub2/full
Physical environmental designs in residential care to improve quality of life of older people
Stephanie L Harrison, Suzanne M Dyer, Kate E Laver, Rachel K Milte, Richard Fleming, Maria Crotty. https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD012892.pub2/full
Discharge planning from hospital
Daniela C Gonçalves-Bradley, Natasha A Lannin, Lindy Clemson, Ian D Cameron, Sasha Shepperd
Cochrane Clinical Answer:
How does discharge planning affect outcomes in older adults with medical (non‐surgical) conditions?
Adults' views and experiences of vaccines developed in response to the COVID‐19 pandemic: a qualitative evidence synthesis
Ana Rita J Maria, Sara Cooper, Claire Glenton, Simon Lewin, Pauline Meskell, Mehrunisha Suleman, Sasha Shepperd https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD015291/full
Care planning or case management for frequent emergency department attendance in adults
Natasha Budhwani, Maria Vittoria Capanna, Alan Baban, Marco Isetta, Alex H Oldman, Natasha Daniels, Rebecca Goddard, Catherine Hayhurst, William Lee, Alex B Thomson https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD014662/full
Delivery of intravenous anti‐cancer therapy at home versus in hospital or community settings for adults with cancer
Liesl Grobler, Denise O'Connor, Danny Rischin, Polina Putrik, Jonathan Karnon, Kobi J Rischin, Bayden J McKenzie, Rachelle Buchbinder https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD014861/full
Factors that impact on recruitment to vaccine trials during a pandemic or epidemic: a qualitative evidence synthesis.
Pauline Meskell, Linda M Biesty, Maura Dowling, Elaine Meehan, Claire Glenton, Declan Devane, Sasha Shepperd, Andrew Booth, Rebecca Cox, Xin Hui S Chan, Catherine Houghton
First aid training for laypeople
Irvin Kendall, Vere Borra, Jorien Laermans, Michael McCaul, Bert Aertgeerts, Emmy De Buck
Stakeholders’ perceptions and experiences of factors influencing the commissioning, delivery, and uptake of general health checks: a qualitative evidence synthesis
Isolde Sommer, Julia Harlfinger, Christina Kien, Irma Klerings, Lisa Affengruber, Andreea Dobrescu, Ursula Griebler https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD014796/full
Appraising pay‐for‐performance in healthcare in low‐ and middle‐income countries through systematic reviews: reflections from two teams
Karin Diaconu, Sophie Witter, Peter Binyaruka, Josephine Borghi, Garrett W Brown, Neha Singh, Cristian A Herrera https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.ED000157/full
Based on the 2021 review:
Paying for performance to improve the delivery of health interventions in low‐ and middle‐income countries
Karin Diaconu, Jennifer Falconer, Adrian Verbel, Atle Fretheim, Sophie Witter https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD007899.pub3/full
Additional Cochrane Clinical Answers published in 2022 (based on reviews published before 2022)
Additional publications and resources
In 2022, our authors and editors also:
- developed an elaboration of the TIDieR (Template for Intervention Description & Replication) checklist to encourage better reporting of vaccination communication interventions in trials. This is published in the Journal of Health Research Policy and Systems and is based on our 2021 review: Healthcare workers’ perceptions and experiences of communicating with people over 50 years of age about vaccination: a qualitative evidence synthesis.
- published a paper reflecting on how Cochrane qualitative evidence syntheses differ from reviews of intervention effectiveness and how these differences have influenced the guidance developed by the EPOC group. This is published in the International Journal of Qualitative Methods.
- hosted a webinar, with Cochrane Norway and Cochrane South Africa, presenting the findings of our 2021 review: Factors that influence parents' and informal caregivers' views and practices regarding routine childhood vaccination: a qualitative evidence synthesis
- discussed the findings of a 2021 review in a Cochrane Podcast: Paying for performance to improve the delivery of healthcare services in low- and middle-income countries
- developed search filters for MEDLINE (Ovid), Embase (Ovid), and CENTRAL (Cochrane Library) to help identify studies relevant to Low and Middle-Income Countries (LMIC).
Updated 18 January 2023